We're excited to announce that we will be hosting the playoffs for the Canadian Affiliate League (CAL) in July this summer! Now I know what many of you are thinking, what is the CAL? It is essentially a CrossFit league in which you get to represent your gym with a handful of other members and compete in a fun and social environment with other gyms! It has been wildly successful in Vancouver and has just now been brought over to Vancouver Island. Here are some more details taken from the website:
- A standard season is 6 weeks long: 5 weeks of head to head matches, followed by a one day Playoffs (hosted at CrossFit Vic City)
- Each week you will face off in a head to head battle against another affiliate in your division & region.
- You’ll alternate between being the home and away team, meaning you get to host as well as visit the other affiliates in your area!
- At the end of a 6 week season, we bring all the teams together for a 1 day playoff to determine the division champions!
- Although the top divisions can host some pretty high level athletes, the CAL’s focus is on uniting local affiliates and expanding your gym’s community outside your own walls!
Check out the FAQ page to get more information on what it takes to form a team (hint, it's really easy!). I hope we see a Vic City team in the mix, it'd be awesome to have some representation from all of our awesome athletes!
5 medball cleans
5 medball thrusters
SKILL: Back Squat 5 x 5 E2M
Build as you go to a heavy 5 with perfect technique!
A mixed challenge here which will reward both strength and fitness!
20-16-12-8-4 of OH walking lunge steps with weight plate (25/45)
10-8-6-4-2 of burpee box jumps (20/24)
5-4-3-2-1 of weighted pullups (25/45 - can use plate with belt or db for this)
TG: Scale movements as needed, start @ 16/8/4
FG1: Scale weight plate and box height, assisted strict pullups
FG2: Unassisted pullups
Comp: 30/50lb db, single arm OH lunge (can switch when needed), DB between legs for pullups