Hey all, it is finally here - PUSH week #2! I know the coaches are all super excited to run you through another challenging week of varied WODs. Here are some details so you know what the deal is through the week!
1. If you have a 2 or 3 day membership, come to any and all days that you want! If you're on a punch card, use your punches and if you want to drop in, $16 per class.
2. We'll have 6am classes EVERY DAY except for Saturday. We will NOT have Skills Plus this week due to the higher volume of training days.
3. I will make THREE divisions to select our Kings and Queens of push week. You'll have to compete all the qualifying wods in the same division to be eligible to be crowned King or Queen. Here's a breakdown of what you'll see in the various divisions:
- CP: Muscle ups, CTB, HSPU, heavier barbells
- Rx: Regular pullups, TTB, scaled hspu, regular "rx" weight barbells
- Scaled: Jumping pullups, Hanging knee raise, lighter barbells
4. PRIZES! Each King and Queen will receive one Vic City shirt or tank top of their choosing plus their choice of JaktRx hydrate or fish oil.
That's about it! Get lots of sleep and quality food to make the most of the week. I look forward to seeing you guys crush it this week!
Warm-up: Five minutes of: Ascending Rep Cindy: 1 pullup, 2 pushups, 3 squats then 2 pullups, 4 pushups, 6 squats.
WOD: "Push-Pull Total"
This is an opportunity for you guys to show how STRONG you have become. We rarely test 1 rep maxes but here is your shot at doing just that. Always be safe by holding the best technique possible and utilize spotters AT ALL TIMES for the bench press!
Your score will be your combined total of your bench press and deadlift (you may perform them in reverse order in larger classes).
Part 1: 17 minutes to find a heavy single bench press. Warm up with bar only, as many attempts as you like.
Change over 8 minutes
Part 2: 17 minutes to find a heavy single deadlift. Warm up with bar only, as many attempts as you like.