Hey all, here are some more details on how we'll be running our intramural open, as well as when we'll be doing the Open wods each week.
One very important note is that for the duration of the Open, we will be running the same class on Friday and Saturday (the Open wod for the week) so that you get the maximum opportunity to get your scores in!
This blog will include some important information that will be applicable to EVERYONE that shows up to the gym for the Friday/Saturday class WOD during the Open.
- The Friday/Saturday class will be the current Open WOD, meaning on Thursday the 10th at 5pm 20.1 will be released online, and that will be the WOD for the 11th/12th class.
- The classes will run at least 2 heats of the workout. Athletes in heat 1 will judge heat 2 and visa versa. This way we have everyone who signed up covered when it comes to submitting valid scores. Even if you don't sign-up you'll still get to judge and be judged (so might as well sign-up).
- Times to complete the Open WOD:
Friday - any class time (gym won't be Open until 3:30pm for the 4pm class/any Open gym time (bring your own judge for Open gym).
Saturday - any class time (9/10am) PLUS 10-11am we will run additional heats if needed!
Monday - Open gym time (bring your own judge and plan to use the S&H side).
-Drop in for non-members is $20 for class or Open gym time.
TEAMS / IN-GYM COMPETITION (not only for elite):
- The team scoring is going to be unique, it will factor in a couple of different results to get your overall team score for the week. There will be 6 scores from potentially 6 different people, so the more people you have on your team the better, and no one needs to feel like they can 'bring a team down' as there are no negative scores. You MUST sign up and submit you score online to have it count.
Score 1 - 1st place Men's
Score 2 - 1st place Women's
Score 3 - 2nd place Men's
Scores 4 - 2nd place Women's
Score 5 - Top score scaled (either division)
Score 6 - Top score from a rookie (either division)
With plenty of scores this competition is for everyone, if you haven't already, sign-up online AND on the board at the gym with the number of Open's you've been in. Every team will need at least 1 rookie and 1 scaled to get the best scores for their team.
- Use your team #hashtag on the dashboard of your games.crossfit profile. Your team's name/hashtag will be released by your team captain/coach before Thursday. Once you know what it is, add it to your profile to make sure your scores count and you can view your teammates successes!
- You don't have to only go to the class group of your team. Obviously schedules change, but the idea is to sign-up with the class you general attend on Friday or Saturday.
- Teams will be broken down as follows:
6, 7, 9:30am Friday crew (Dads & Moms with DOMs)
12 & 4pm Friday crew (The Nooners)
5 &6pm Friday crew (Friday night at the bar)
9 & 10am Saturday crew (Guilty wodders)
This is a great way to add a little spice to your weekly training and band together with your friends!
See you soon,
TRAINING SATURDAY SEPT 29
WARM UP: DOWEL GAME
12min to find heavy single rep of
Hang power Clean
(relay style, 1 partner through entire sequence other partner rests)
5 Power Cleans (100/145)
10 Wallballs (14/20)
15 Toes To Bar
FG2- 75/115, 8 TTB,
FG1- Scale bar as needed, Hanging knee raise
CP1- 125/185, Heavy wallballs (20/25 &30)
CP2- 155/225, Heavy wallball (20/25 & 30)